Well, here we are in 2022. Who else remembers New Year’s Eve 2000 and the excitement of tipping over into a new millennium? There was so much uncertainty of what to expect and what comes next (sound familiar?!).
Now, 22 years later (sheesh!) business, and life has changed a lot and so have the key components of how we sell. The changing landscape of sales has (thankfully) moved on from a pushy, aggressive approach to being more consultative and caring.
And this is a space that women in business, typically thrive.
What hasn’t changed is how we, as humans, make buying decisions. Along with the subconscious behaviours that help achieve sustainable and long term results in sales and in business.
SO Here are the top 5 things FOR YOU to have in place
to make the most of 2022
1. Be across your numbers. How do you know you’ve ‘arrived’ if you don’t know where you’re going?
To get the foundations in place, we recommend starting with these 3 main areas:
- A clear revenue target
- Profit % target
- Breakdown of KPIs which will be the roadmap getting you to points 1 and 2
TOP TIP: Have some fun with this! And make them meaningful for YOU!
When you have your revenue target in place, think about how many amazing clients you get to help and work with. Then, instead of focusing on the money target, you can focus on the number of customers that will benefit from your product and service. The smiling faces and the great feedback you’ll receive from working with them.
This links back to PROFIT FOR IMPACT. The more profit you make, the more people you reach, serve and help. So find and focus on a metric that feels meaningful and incredible to you.
2. Get clear on your lead generation strategy. Consider how you’re getting yourself in front of your ideal client. Who are they, where do they hang out and how are you (consistently) getting in front of them?
3. Polish your questioning skills. Questioning is the backbone of any great sales conversation so make sure you have a good understanding of the best questions to ask to truly uncover your client’s needs.
Make sure you’re covering off:
- Asking questions to uncover their current reality, in other words, where they are now
- Getting clear on their future ideal scenario, where they want to be
- Identify what’s the gap between where they are now (current) and where they want to be (future).
TOP TIP: The bigger the gap between current and future, the more value they’ll place on the solution. Meaning the bigger the gap, the more you can help.
4. Clear your mindset of sales blocks. It doesn’t matter how much external work you do, if you don’t do the inner work and have a really resourceful belief around sales and selling, you’ll always be limiting your external success. Grab our Mindset of Sales Playbook here to unblock any lingering limiting beliefs that might still be hanging around.
5. Be crystal clear on your service (or product) offering so it’s super-duper easy to articulate and for your clients to understand.
Remember a confused mind says no and if you’re not absolutely clear on your product or service and the problem it helps to solve, how will your clients and customers be on these points?
Nicky is a Sales & Business Growth Coach helping women in business embrace the art (and heart) of selling.
Sales is at the heart of every successful business, without sales, your business is a hobby. And without scalable sales processes, your business will be stuck.
Like what we've got to say?
Sign Up to get our weekly Sales & Money tips straight to your inbox