PART 1: We explore the 5 main reasons you must make the time to step back and take a helicopter view of your business.. even if you don’t have time.
You might think the best thing you can do for your business is to JUST.KEEP.GOING.
But it’s not!
If you don’t take the time to step back and look at your business from a helicopter (big picture, longer term) view you risk…
- Firstly, missing opportunities to better your business (and yourself) because you’re constantly in a state of reactive instead of proactive. This means you’re holding your business back without even realising it.
- Burnout – the impact on your health and taking time away from your family and doing things you love because you’re in the whirlpool of business.
- Becoming dispassionate, disengaged, disconnected from business and the reason why you went into business in the first place. We know it’s not all about money – we want to create a business that means something.
- You risk losing the love of the business because you’re getting dragged into the day-to-day doing instead of doing the work you thrive doing.
- You might start to resent the work … and in some cases your clients.
The reality of all of this is that it is without a doubt, costing you and your business more if you don’t step back and look at it from a helicopter view perspective.